IHM BOY SCOUT TROOP 26 AKELA DISTRICT
SCOUT ACCOUNT PLAN
“SCOUT ACCOUNTS” DEFINED:
They are for registered scouts of Troop 26 to help pay for scout related expenses. These accounts are not true bank accounts with a bank, but are entries per scout in an accounting spreadsheet (i.e. Excel or similar). No interest is earned on these accounts. The money is in a Troop 26 bank account and is property of Troop 26. If a scout leaves the troop & there is money left in his account, then the money remains with Troop 26. Below are the rules for deposits and withdrawals from “scout accounts”:
RULES FOR DEPOSITS INTO SCOUT ACCOUNTS:
- Spaghetti Supper is held once per year and broken up in to shifts. Once the profit has been calculated, each shift will earn a certain amount. Parents can help as well, and multiple shifts can be worked.
- Papa John’s Coupon’s are sold for $5 and $4 goes in to the scouting account.
- Future fund raising ideas are a possibility (i.e. fund raising coupon cards, etc.)
RULES FOR WITHDRAWING MONEY FROM SCOUT ACCOUNTS:
- BSA, ONSC and Troop 26 fees may be paid from these accounts. Troop 26 will pay the organization, not the scout. Examples of these fees are: recharter, merit badge college, camporees, campouts, summer camp fees (including class fees for kits used at camp), Order of the Arrow dues and event fees, high adventure trip fees (Philmont, Sea Base, Northern Tier, and the National Jamboree).
- Scout-related receipts may be turned into the Troop Treasurer for reimbursement to the scout for the following charges:
- receipts from the ONS Scout Shop and other BSA stores
- receipts from the BSA “scoutstuff.org” website
- receipts for gear needed for scout campouts or events. (i.e. gear for camping, backpacking, biking, fishing & water trips)
- receipt from your physician for your annual camp physical.
Money will not be paid to the scout without a receipt for these items.
3) Requests for reimbursement for gear not mentioned above may be submitted to the committee for a decision as to whether or not reimbursement will be allowed. If it is allowed, a receipt will be required for reimbursement.