We also had special guests from the Old Hickory Council to speak about the NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) and awarded four of our scouts with their “wings”. NYLT closely aligns itself with the Woodbadge, an adult leadership training. The Old Hickory Council thought NYLT leaves out an important part of the Woodbadge program; performing a task for home troop. The scouts choose what they would like to do for their troop, get their scoutmasters permission, and perform the task. Here is what each scout accomplished.
- Desmond: MC for Court of Honor. Desmond did a fantastic job; he’s a natural public speaker.
- Landon: Realistic First-Aid. Invited two guests, a CPR certified trainer and a Doctor to two of our weekly meetings to help our scouts learn more about first-aid.
- Alex: Presentation on a couple NYLT Topic’s; Leading EDGE, SMART goals, etc. I think he has hooked a few scouts into going to NYLT.
- Austin: Make troop 26 more “Boy Led”. Austin visited 3 local troops to glean information from them. He learned what to do and what NOT to do from these troops and presented this info to our scouts.
- Ross: will run for SPL next year to earn his wings.
I’m proud of our scouts for putting forth the effort towards our troop!